Firstly, I just want to apologise for a quiet week on the blog. There’s been a lot going on (both really exciting and quite sad) and neither Stace nor I have had time to sit and write anything of substance. However, now that Stacey’s essay is complete, and the weekend is here, we should have a little more time to fill you all in.
Next, we both wanted to say a big thank you to Sarah and Laura at Sprezzatura, Kiki and Lala from KikiandLalainWonderland and Stephanie and Corrine from Waking Up With Her because they all awarded us the Versatile Blogger Award. Now, considering our blog has barely been live for a month, we feel super grateful that a) they’ve chosen us for the award and b) that they read our site at all! Anyway – the rules of the award are as follows:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
Simple, huh? Well, I though so, until I tried to find 15 blogs that I love that hadn’t already been nominated! So this is a bit of a cop-out, but here are the FIVE blogs I nominate:
1. Contemplating the Clouds - a great photography Edinburgh blog by my friend Craig.
2. The Lesbrary – a site with reviews of gay and queer literature.
3. Raising My Rainbow – a wonderful blog about a mum raising a gender-creative child – a blog which tugs on my heartstrings every time.
4. Not Quite A Socialite - a tongue in cheek, St Andrews based blog of a friend of ours – she never fails to make me giggle.
5. S. Coral H. – Stacey’s ‘musical insight diary’ – I hate to admit it, but the fact that she’s so ‘into’ music does make me love her even more.
So there are the five blogs we (I) nominate. Now, the seven facts about us.
1. Our brothers have exactly the same initials – MLH.
2. Talking of brothers, Stacey’s plays professional football, whilst mine sells cars. Stacey and her brother are quite alike, whilst my brother and I are like chalk and cheese.
3. We first kissed at about 4am, in front of this fountain in St Andrews, and it was an utterly perfect first kiss.
4. We have completely different views on technology. Stacey has a very nice new phone that she is constantly attached to – I have a three year old phone which once belonged to my mother. I love Apple, Stacey loves Linux. I can’t be without my laptop, Stace has a desktop. (This causes some friction between us!)
5. ‘Our’ song is My Backwards Walk by Frightened Rabbit. Lyrically, it really describes the beginning of our relationship.
6. Stacey is my first girlfriend.
7. Since we’ve been together, I’ve convinced Stace to try a large number of things she had never eaten before – including steak, rack of lamb, venison, rabbit and duck.
Thanks so much for nominating our blog girls – means a lot to us both!